Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I'm leaving on a jet plane

I'm now hours away from leaving for China. It is about 11:30 PM the night before I leave. My plane leaves at 8:45AM from Bakersfield and I will be going to San Francisco before heading to Beijing. I have to leave for the airport at 6:45 so I should probably be asleep right now but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get any sleep. I'm still in shock that it is finally happening. I guess I have been in the "waiting stage" for so long now that I'm sort of feeling like it is just another step along this journey. I am so thankful to God that He has brought be to this point. The peace that I feel is unbelievable, but I guess since Aminah's name means peace and secure in Christ it is understandable. The next time I write I will be in China. Thanks to everyone that has helped me get to this point on the journey.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

KARRI!!
I have been thinking about you NONSTOP! I even have my cell phone set to Beijing time. :) Give Aminah a big hug (not slug) from Linsey! Say hi to my new buddy Robin Pass. She is going to the orphanage that "Luke" is in. Hope you can post SOON!

Love You!
Liz

Evertse Family said...

Sorry that I missed your phone call! Are you having fun? We are very excited. I started a blog page too. It is http://www.evertsegang@blogspot.com
Look and see what I have done so far. Love you much, Auntie Kim

Anonymous said...

Karri,
I'm watching and waiting for your gotcha day! Hope all is going well. You are in my prayers. See you back in Bakersfield when you get home.
Love, Julie

Evertse Family said...

I am still looking for an update??? I am hoping all is going well and exciting for you. Are you seeing lots of sites? I will check in later to see if you have had time to post. Love, Kim

Evertse Family said...

You called an hour earlier than you said!! I am so bummed. I wanted to talk to you. Oh well...we will meet up eventually. Have a great time touring Beijing. Love you, Kim

Evertse Family said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.