Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Gotcha Day

Wow! I have had Aminah in my arms for a few days now. Yesterday we signed the official paperwork and they congratulated me on being a mommy. Aminah is asleep in the stroller right now. She has decided that it is a lot of fun to cry if I sit down, should make for a great plane ride. Yesterday she decided that she enjoyed the stroller and I was able to get some relief. Traveling alone is difficult at times but the other people have been a great help. There are 4 grandmas here in Changsha that have helped me along the way. I now just tell them what I need and they help me out. Aminah is sooooooo adorable. I will have to add pictures later but for now you will all have to wait. I'm so sorry because I really think you all should see this little cutie. She can be sweet but she is a "spicy girl" which is what they call all the girls from this state. They like their food very spicy here and therefore the girls are also very "spicy." We have been kept so busy I really think that has helped me with the jet lag I'm sure it will be interesting when we arrive back in the states. Well I'm going to sign off for now. I'll see if I can borrow a cord to upload pictures.
Love to all,
Aminah's Mommy

2 comments:

Away2me said...

Congratulations Mommy!

Send those pictures when you can. I'm so excited for you!!!

Evertse Family said...

O.K. I am sitting here at work boo-hooing my head off!!! I am so glad to hear that you do have her and everything is going well!! I can't wait to see her!! Is she sleeping well at night? We have been praying for you both every night. My imagination has been running wild. I even had a dream last night that you sent Aminah to ride home in a motor home with Mike George!!! How crazy is that??? I am glad everything is going well. I love you both, Kim