Saturday, August 20, 2005

I'm in Beijing

This is to let everyone know that I'm in Beijing. I'm typing from the business center of the hotel. So far I'm exhausted but doing fairly well. I would love to give you a play by play of what has happened so far but it is really all just a blurr. We had a very busy day yesterday. We went to the forbidden city, a silk factory, Tienamin Square (sp?) and went for a ride on a dragon boat. All in all the best part has been getting to know all of the fellow travelers. I am trying to upload a picture but it doesn't seem to be working. The lady just took the CD for me. So far the food has been alright. Rice for breakfast, rice for lunch and of course rice for dinner. Today we are all going to the Great Wall of China. I will attempt to climb some of it. Our guide Sherry says that the men try to walk to the top, and the ladies walk to the picture point and then come back down to shop. I'm pretty sure I will be with the ladies. Tommorow is the big day. I will get to meet my daughter. Everytime I think about it I get very weepy. What a moment it will be. I am going to sign off for now but I'll try to update again later.

4 comments:

Evertse Family said...

Hi Kiki!
It sounds like you are having an amazing time. I am living this experience through you!! I bought 3 cute little warm outfits for Aminah. They are warm and fuzzy. Write more later and I will keep checking in. Love ya, Kim

Anonymous said...

OH Karri!!

I'm so excited for you! I'm jealous that you got to ride in a dragon boat!! How come we didn't? Hmmm....maybe cause the lake was frozen over??!! Let me know if any of the ladies recognized "YaPing"
Love,
Liz
PS: You have to resize your pic before you send it. I learned this the hard way after trying to send full size pics for 30 mins (and paying BIG time!) You can resize in Paint.

Evertse Family said...

It is 1:00a.m. where you are at right now on your first night with Aminah....are you getting any sleep? I have been thinking and praying for you constantly. I am carrying my cell phone on me at all times now. Both times that you called I picked it up just as it quit ringing. Quite frustrating! Have a good sleep and take lots of pictures tomorrow. Love you both, Kim

Anonymous said...

Hi Karri,
I have been thinking about you so much and wondering how you and your darling Aminah are. It was good to see this on my school site so I could catch up on the latest. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am praising God with you on account of your new little daughter! Love to you all.. Dee