Thursday, September 01, 2005

We are home

Well we touched American soil yesterday morning. Aminah became a US citizen at 8:19 am. The guy at the "new immigrations" area was so nice and told me "OK remember this time . . . 8:19 your baby became a citizen." After being in the air for 13 + hours and knowing that we still had to get through customs and then board another flight for Bakersfield, I wasn't as excited as I should have been. We got home about 12 hours ago. Aminah has been sleeping on and off and therefore so have I. I hadn't eaten anything for about 24 hours so I thought I better at least eat something and so I came out to the front room to eat and I thought I would let everyone know that we made it home safely. I really miss the people we traveled with but I'm looking forward to having my friends and family back home meet Aminah. For now I'm heading back to bed.

0 comments: