Sunday, November 04, 2007

God Loves You


My Aminah . . .what can a mother say about her sweet little angel. Well at least at this particular moment she was a sweet little angel. I've been sick on and off for a few weeks now. Tonight was one of those nights that I'm just not feeling well. I was putting Aminah to bed and she said her feet were hurting her (no doubt the cowboy boots she has worn every day this week). So I took her feet in my hands and she put her hands on top of mine and I was praying for her feet. Then we prayed for our friends and family. Then she said she wanted to pray. Her prayer was heartfelt. She prayed, "Dear Jesus help my mommy to get better so that she can feel better in your name we pray, Amen." It was just so cute. Then I asked her as I was kissing her goodnight, "Who loves you?" and she said confidently - "GOD" and I asked who else loved her and she said, "mommy." Then I asked her who loved me? Again she replied, "GOD" and I said anyone else? And she said, "I love you mommy." Who could ask for anything more? God is Good! When she becomes a teenager I hope that she will answer those questions in the same way. I hope that she always knows that God and Mommy love her. Check out her in the cowboy boots.

0 comments: